For our customer we are looking for a Lead AI Engineer.
In your role as the lead AI engineer you will build-up and lead a small team of engineers working on computer vision, object perception algorithms, and training of neural networks.
• have an end-to-end responsibility for our automotive-grade object detection, perception and object tracking software.
• propose and execute technical decisions on algorithms, software architectures, and tooling.
• assign tasks and sprints to yourself and your machine learning team.
• perform research and testing to develop machine learning algorithms and predictive models for automotive computer vision.
• optimize and train neural learning models on an embedded/automotive compute platform to perform visual perception.
• design and optimize deep learning approaches in object detection, classification, segmentation, tracking, and spatio-temporal fusion.
• develop novel real-time 3D scene reconstruction techniques and work on accurate visual odometry systems.
• become a core member of our product development team and boost the development of our product.
• share and execute our product vision and roadmap to contribute to our success together.
• report to both product management and/or directly to the CTO.
Part of your job is also to present our novel work in conferences and design, write, and file patents
• a PhD or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar or equivalent practical experience.
• extensive prior experience with 3D geometry and optimization in constrained environments.
• a professional experience working with visual odometry or SLAM.
• significant hands-on experience with training, analyzing and iteratively refining deep neural networks
• integrated AI-based software stacks e.g., building and integrating software components, into advanced driver assistance systems
• already successfully applied AI methods for automotive or industrial applications and integrated AI-based software stacks, e.g., building and integrating software components into advanced driver assistance systems
Meritorious skills, characteristics and experience
• excellent programming skills in Python, C/C++ and/or Java, including frameworks like Python ML frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow).
• significant hands-on experience with training, analyzing and iteratively refining deep neural networks.
• solid practical skills in designing, developing, integrating, and testing software component for the automotive industry.
• the understanding what it takes to get from an early lab prototype to an industrial-grade software component.
• a hands-on mentality and are action-oriented rather than process-oriented, you are practical rather than theoretical.
• worked with big data computation and storage tools to create prototypes and datasets
• proficiency in multiple AI tools and programming languages, as Python, Java, R, and machine learning frameworks, like Spark, TensorFlow, etc.
• profound practical skills in designing, developing, integrating, and testing software component for the automotive industry
• used repositories and collaborative project management tools, such as Jira, Gitlab, etc. as a part of your daily activities.
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be involved in building a company at the forefront.
- A flexible workday
- Individual trust
- Forward-looking organisation
- We are driven by new ideas and development
- Great benefits
- Yearly activities and conferences
Sigma Industry Evolution AB is a technology consulting firm within product- and production development with focus on Mechatronics, Electronics and Embedded Systems.
The combination of many years in the business, huge commitment, internal- and external assignments and with cooperation between Sigmas different activities within the region creates a unique cross-industry opportunity for engineers. With diversity, participation and entrepreneurship, we strengthen and develop our business and our employees.
Lead AI Engineer
Software development embedded systems